Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Navy/Bureau of Yards and Docs... anyone knowledgable?

Article about: I came across a few field items at a storage estate sale. one of which I can't seem to find ANY information on. Was wondering if anyone can tell me anything about it or knows where I might f

kalamgolden
    ?

Default Navy/Bureau of Yards and Docs... anyone knowledgable?

I came across a few field items at a storage estate sale. one of which I can't seem to find ANY information on. Was wondering if anyone can tell me anything about it or knows where I might find info, or if it has any real value. It is a field phone. overall good condition, the plaque on the front reads "A.B. Portable Tel. System, manf. by Dictograph Products. Inc. for Bureau of Yards and Docks U.S.N". Does anyone have any information?

Navy/Bureau of Yards and Docs... anyone knowledgable?Navy/Bureau of Yards and Docs... anyone knowledgable?Navy/Bureau of Yards and Docs... anyone knowledgable?Navy/Bureau of Yards and Docs... anyone knowledgable?

Default Re: Navy/Bureau of Yards and Docs... anyone knowledgable?

Instead of starting a new thread, I will reserect this one in hopes that someone will have more info. My son was recently gifted one of these phones, exactly the same with exaption of the green paint. The only info I have managed to come across is that these were issued to the USMC early in the war, before they rec'ved EE-8 portable field phones from the Army. The dark green paint my identify the phone pictured here as one of those issued to the USMC although I have seen one example that had a nameplate identifying the phone as USMC vs USN...probably a latter issue.

Ours is unpainted so likely not a USMC issue, but I have found NOTHING on it's use with the NAvy or Bureau of Yards and Docks, what years it was used....nothing!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Russ

jrtenterp40
    ?

I also have one of these phones but can learn nothing about it. I will try to find something through the Navy and will post if I find anything.

Quote by jrtenterp40 View Post
    I also have one of these phones but can learn nothing about it. I will try to find something through the Navy and will post if I find anything.
    Thanks, that would be great. I've seen several of these at differetn displays and shows so they are certainly not that uncommon, just seems to be not well documented. Looking forward to what you find.

Russ

dadtomac
    ?

Not well documented may be quite an understatement. I have spent weeks researching these and can not find anything. I have the complete set, 7 phones, generator, and operator switch board, all in the original box and can not find anything anywhere on it. very frustrating.