Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need help dating gas mask

Article about: So I'm finally expanding my collecting into field gear, and this is the first gas mask I've ever bought. 5 bucks this morning at the flea market, I'm aware it's noncombatant but I'm sure som

Default Need help dating gas mask

So I'm finally expanding my collecting into field gear, and this is the first gas mask I've ever bought. 5 bucks this morning at the flea market, I'm aware it's noncombatant but I'm sure someone here can help me pinpoint its age approximation. I know khaki is almost World War Two, so I'm assuming possibly mid to late forties? And I'm sorry if pictures come out sideways, I'm on my phone and can't flip them, at least that I know of. Need help dating gas maskNeed help dating gas maskNeed help dating gas maskNeed help dating gas mask

Default Re: Need help dating gas mask

This is a Us civilian Noncombatant M1A2-1-1 gas mask probably for adults,WW2 era. Nice price mate

Thanks, I figured it was common but a nice place to start, and it's an adult large

Great first mask and a good price for it.
    Congrats.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Thanks Eric!

Nice item,on "this side of the pond" I can honestly say that I have never seen one! One places common is another places rare!! Leon.

Well I always see the actual case for it, but always empty without the mask. I can say I've see at least 12 empty cases over the last year and today was the first time it was there, I guess that led me to assuming it was on the common side. Very cool though!

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Nice item,on "this side of the pond" I can honestly say that I have never seen one! One places common is another places rare!! Leon.
    That's very true Leon, however our British equivalent (General Civilian Respirator) is quite rare over in the states also if you're looking for one I think I have a spare one sitting back at home

Thanks

Danny