MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Need help with this Mk1 ammo box - 1944

Article about: Dear Community! I bought this ammo box on a market. I only recognized at my car, when i was putting the box inside, that is marked 1944, so the happiness was huge. On the box we can read the

?

Default Need help with this Mk1 ammo box - 1944

Dear Community!

I bought this ammo box on a market. I only recognized at my car, when i was putting the box inside, that is marked 1944, so the happiness was huge.

On the box we can read these markings:
    With paint: DET FUSES HANDLE CAREFULLY under that AMMUNITION COMPONENT BOX MK1 under that FERRO MFG CO 1944 under that NORD 5428 INSP R.V.
    Side:
    Also the top marking, other side: 12 FUSES R3FBA
    Front:
    R3FBA 12 FUSES P.D. T80E6 A FOR 75H & 105H LOT 1364 WT67 CU.FT. I.22

I have no idea what it was contained exactly, and is it a wartime piece? (I think so from the 1944 marking).
    More pictures: Postimage.org / gallery - Amerikai láda 004, Amerikai láda 005, Amerikai láda 006, Amerikai láda 008
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help with this Mk1 ammo box - 1944  

I think it could be US Navy?

?

I don't know Why do you think it, what's your idea? Tell me.

Based only on the fact that I have a different model can with exactly the same clasp/closure, and that one is a specific model for the US Navy. Also, I have never seen an army-model can with this closure although that doesn't say much.

?

zwerge:
    Cool! Nice find, thank you very much! So it was some kind of rocket, and this box contained it's fuses. Do you know what kind of weapon did it fired exactly?

earlymb:
    Thank you too, so it's probably a Navy model. This is very interesting and rare to me. You know I only collect WW2 German field equipment, and other rare things. I think this ammo box is rare too with this markings!

?

If you take the time to do a Google search you will find the info you need!
    JEDEM DAS SEINE