Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

new items purchased for collection from auction...would like to know more history esspecially of bayonnet with Japanese marking??

Article about:

Default new items purchased for collection from auction...would like to know more history esspecially of bayonnet with Japanese marking??

new items purchased for collection from auction...would like to know more history esspecially of bayonnet with Japanese marking??new items purchased for collection from auction...would like to know more history esspecially of bayonnet with Japanese marking??new items purchased for collection from auction...would like to know more history esspecially of bayonnet with Japanese marking??new items purchased for collection from auction...would like to know more history esspecially of bayonnet with Japanese marking??new items purchased for collection from auction...would like to know more history esspecially of bayonnet with Japanese marking??

the wooden plaque was handcarved by German pow....inscribed on back 1946....
    don't know anything about the leather 'swagger dagger??'
    and all I know about the bayonet is 1907 japanesse captured one...so ive been told!
    could it be that it was taken by a Jap soilder and then captured back??
    any info greatly appreciated!!!

?

The bayonet is a 1907 Pattern SMLE Bayonet, probably taken as a war trophy from some Commonwealth soldier fighting in the pacific by a Japanese soldier; not something you see very often.

thankyou! after costs i ended up paying 130ish I think....would you say that was fair? I thought it sounded cheap at the time but have since been told 70-90 pound??

not that its going anywhere!! so no offers from anyone please!

?

Ha, you'd be lucky to find a regular british issue Ptn 1907 for 70-90 in that condtion, for a captured and marked Japanese one, I'd certainly say it was worth the 130, at least in my opinion.

much appreciated
    any clues on leather swagger dagger?