MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

A Nice Find From This Mornings Car Boot :)

Article about: Hi all. Picked this up this morning. I was not entirely sure what it was when I bought it but I do know now! It is a Portable Communications Receiver (PCR) and it is understood that these we

Default A Nice Find From This Mornings Car Boot :)

Hi all. Picked this up this morning. I was not entirely sure what it was when I bought it but I do know now! It is a Portable Communications Receiver (PCR) and it is understood that these were produced as "invasion receivers" so that troops going ashore in Europe could listen to War news on the BBC etc. I was actually surprised that there is controversy as to what these were used for but I am taking the Pye Company website's word for it: Pye Telecom Product History: Military I was also lucky enough to get the AC power unit that goes with it, I understand these are hard to come by. Today has been a good day for the collection

(The Type L set that is resting on the PCR did not come with it, although that was another bootsale find )

Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A Nice Find From This Mornings Car Boot :)   A Nice Find From This Mornings Car Boot :)  

A Nice Find From This Mornings Car Boot :)   A Nice Find From This Mornings Car Boot :)  

a very nice pick up,well done.

Well done, a fantastic addition to your collection! Thanks for showing us your latest score!
    cheers, Glenn

Great find you have better luck than I do at car bootys..............Jake.

wow...thats a hella find!!