Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

No4 MkII bayonet

Article about: If you want to go into more details with all the codes then the book you want is 'Spirit of the Pike, British Socket Bayonets of the Twentieth Century'. It has all the information you could

Default Re: No4 MkII bayonet

If you want to go into more details with all the codes then the book you want is 'Spirit of the Pike, British Socket Bayonets of the Twentieth Century'. It has all the information you could ever wish for on the subject and a bit more besides!

Try to post the photo of markings. I have no idea who is the maker even after checking the available charts with all known signatures.

Hi mates.My No4 MarkII* it is marked VNS = Viners Ltd., Sheffield and the scabbard is marked S.286 = Vanden Plas (Eng) 1923 Ltd.I found this info in the very trastfull and reliable site http://worldbayonets.com/Bayonet_Ide..._2.html.Thanks for your interesting

- - Updated - -

* interest

check out my post re: my bayonet made at Long Branch

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/bayon...-story-215021/

Please explain me what means ''Long Branch''

If i understanded well it was a war factory at a town called''Long Branch''

How much is the one you are looking at? These can be picked up relatively easily and cheaply over here. PS, other item sent so will be with you soon

Quote by The woodpecker View Post
    If i understanded well it was a war factory at a town called''Long Branch''
    Small Arms Limited, Long Branch Arsenal [edit]
    Adjacent to the west side of Marie Curtis Park (now Marie Curtis Park West) in Toronto Township is the former site of the Small Arms Limited Long Branch Arsenal. The Federal Government had owned the lands south of Lake Shore Road, between the Etobicoke River to just west of Cawthra Road, from the late 1800s into the early 20th-Century.
    The Ordnance Branch of the Department of National Defense authorized the construction of the factory in 1940. After transfer to the Department of Munitions and Supply, a Crown Corporation, Small Arms Ltd. was formed to operate the facility. By June 1941, the first five rifles had been produced. Huge quantities of British-pattern military small arms were manufactured there during the Second World War, including the No.4 MkI* Lee-Enfield bolt-action rifle, and the Sten submachine-gun (or machine-carbine).
    Small Arms Ltd. ceased operations at the end of December 1945. Beginning January 1, 1946, operations continued as the Small Arms Division, Canadian Arsenals Limited. The factory was closed June 30, 1976.
    Plans are underway to incorporate the former "Arsenal Lands" into the Marie Curtis Park West park extension; Marie Curtis Park West being located in Toronto, while the 'Arsenal Lands' are in Mississauga, Peel Region. The buildings of the office complex at the foot of Dixie Road have been saved for public use.

Thanks Vicky.My bayonet is coming now by the mail.I was found it for 10 pound i think,was a bairgain.Thanks again for the help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2