Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Norwegian Pre-war military equipment

Article about: Since there is a big lack of Norwegian Pre-war military equipment here, I thought I'd do something about that. The sun is shining and I had nothing else to do, so enjoy! This is the kind of

Default Norwegian Pre-war military equipment

Since there is a big lack of Norwegian Pre-war military equipment here, I thought I'd do something about that. The sun is shining and I had nothing else to do, so enjoy!

This is the kind of equipment that would have been used against the Germans in the invasion of Norway:

Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Default Re: Norwegian Pre-war military equipment

This is a uniform I am putting together to honor my grandfather's service in the army. He was in the Army/recruit school in mid 1930s and was a neutrality guard in 1940 where he served at a AA battery(At at least one time, they opened fire on German recon planes), but he was at home when the war started with no way of getting into the action. I've found a lot of things after his service, most of which you will see pictured in this thread(Not included is his military pass):

The uniform consists of:
    M/1914 Jacket
    M/1922 Kongsberg Colt belt, still need Y-straps for this one(Why he was carrying one will be known later in the thread)
    Kongsberg Colt Holster

The "mannequin" is a homemade one which consists of polystyrene and newspapers(Lots of newspapers):

Best Regards

Vegard T.
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

This backpack was found in our woodshed, I passed by it several times in the future, but I never thought that it might be a military backpack, I looked closer at it a couple of years ago, took it in for a bit of a clean and noticed the green paint on the frame. After some research, I found out that the backpack is for the 2nd gunner in a Machine gun squad and belonged to my grandfather(Which is why he would have carried a Kongsberg colt). It is possible to attach a Madsen machinegun on the frame(Hence the leather back, in case of a heated MG), I forgot to take pictures of the frame this time, but I'll try to remember it next time.
    One strap was missing, so I replaced it with a "similar" one:

Best Regards

Vegard T.

Shoes and gaiters:

Best Regards

Vegard T.

Marching badge(1915-1936 mod):

- - Updated - -

Military cup which belonged to my grandfather:
    It was sitting in the kitchen for many years until I put it into my collection:

Best Regards

Vegard T.

Mess kit which belonged to my grandfather. It was sitting in the basement until I found it last year:

- - Updated - -

Krag Jørgensen bayonet, it will need a little clean:

Best Regards

Vegard T.

Remains of Y-straps which belonged to my grandfather(No leather parts to be found):

Best Regards

Vegard T.

?

Great that you have all these items and are putting it together as a tribute.

Kongsberg Colt and Madsen MG - quality guns right there.

Group picture from my Grandfather's time in the army:

Best Regards

Vegard T.

Here is my favorite item:
    M/1893 Nagant
    Produced in Belgium and bought by the Norwegian army(They bought 14,000 of them).

What is special about this particular revolver is the history behind it.
    It was found in a place called Bagn, under a storehouse after the war. During the invasion of Norway, there was heavy fighting in that area(Might add some more info later). It was probably dropped/hidden away by a Norwegian Officer/soldier.

Best Regards

Vegard T.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast