Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Odd finds, can anyone help in identification please?

Article about: Hi. I was hoping that someone would be able to give me an idea of what these unusual bits and pieces might be. Squares are one cm to give you scale. The black solid thing is a carbon rod, an

Default Odd finds, can anyone help in identification please?

Odd finds, can anyone help in identification please?Odd finds, can anyone help in identification please?Odd finds, can anyone help in identification please?Odd finds, can anyone help in identification please?Odd finds, can anyone help in identification please?Odd finds, can anyone help in identification please?Odd finds, can anyone help in identification please?Odd finds, can anyone help in identification please?Odd finds, can anyone help in identification please?Odd finds, can anyone help in identification please?Odd finds, can anyone help in identification please?
    Hi. I was hoping that someone would be able to give me an idea of what these unusual bits and pieces might be. Squares are one cm to give you scale. The black solid thing is a carbon rod, and one end is a small lump and I assume it may have had wire going to this that has long since become detached, but this is just a guess. The circular round brass thing has two very small copper coils located at the bottom, wires as fine as human hair. The alloy piece, in two halves (opened) is the most unusual for me. Inside is a small alloy piece with a brass part protruding, (no its not a lipstick holder) it has a really unhealthy chemical smell although this could just be the alloy itself in reaction to the brass and moister. The handle is obvious but it is pretty intricate with specifically shaped ends so it can only go one way and into something designed only for this, note both ends are different! Weird. The brass piece (3rd and 4th pic) looks to me like could be for trip wire device to booby trap/mine possibly. Any help/advice would be gratefully received.
    Thanks in advance.
    Kind regards
    Francis

NCA
    ?

The thing that looks like a lipstick is, I believe, a fuze for PIAT bombs...be very careful as it could still be live!!No idea on the others.

The first item (a handle?) looks like it could be a cracking toilet paper roll holder if you could figure out a way to use it? Maybe settle for a towel hanger

Hi NCA, thanks for your help. With a pointer like that should be easier to i.d it. If I do find out for definite, will get back to you. Kind regards, Francis. oh and thanks for the warning!!!

Hi Larboard.....like your imagination, sorry no cigar though,its too nice, too complicated for that. Makes me wonder what your bathroom looks like though, lol. Regards, Francis.

3-4 is indeed a fuse.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Odd finds, can anyone help in identification please?Correction, 3/4 is an igniter. In fact, it appears to be a Zugzünder ZZ-35. A quick check of the Piccatinny Arsenal dictionary describes it as "pull type igniter used with trip wires in operating various mines." It was know to be used with S-Mine, booby traps and Teller mines. If you want more information just google the designation. NH

Where did you find these items? Might help with ID. NH

Did you do the cleaning?

?

Quote by francis View Post
    Hi Larboard.....like your imagination, sorry no cigar though,its too nice, too complicated for that. Makes me wonder what your bathroom looks like though, lol. Regards, Francis.
    I have to agree with Mac. That looks like an art nouveau toilet paper roll hanger. I know in my travels that I have seen these in some of the higher establishment that I sure as hell shouldn't have been in. But I WAS!!!!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast