Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Omaha Beach Artifact Found : M1 Garand En-Bloc Clip

Article about: I was in France this week and while visiting Omaha beach on Saturday I found this sitting in the sand amongst a bunch of trash just a few feet away from the water. I broke a part off to see

greekfire667
    ?

Default Omaha Beach Artifact Found : M1 Garand En-Bloc Clip

I was in France this week and while visiting Omaha beach on Saturday I found this sitting in the sand amongst a bunch of trash just a few feet away from the water. I broke a part off to see what was inside because I knew it was metal and old. Inside was what looked like a metal gun clip or at least that is what I suspected.

Once back at the hotel I looked up the gun clips used by the Americans and realized this was an M1 Garand En-Bloc Clip. Judging by the pointed top I suspect there's a bullet or two in there as well. Really shocked that I found this just walking on the beach right at the entrance from the road. Just wanted to share. I think its amazing to be holding a piece of history such as this.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Omaha Beach Artifact Found : M1 Garand En-Bloc Clip   Omaha Beach Artifact Found : M1 Garand En-Bloc Clip  

Default Re: Omaha Beach Artifact Found : M1 Garand En-Bloc Clip

wow, post a picture!

greekfire667
    ?

Default Re: Omaha Beach Artifact Found : M1 Garand En-Bloc Clip

they're posted above.

the first picture is showing the inside after I broke off the outer rust shell and the #2 picture is the back side of it which is what it looked like when I found it.

Very neat find! I can't wait until I get to explore some battlefields. Thanks for posting!
    Thaddeus