Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

opinion M7 assault gas mask bag

Article about: I know they are being reproduce so I want you guys opinion on this . It does have the 4 closing clips. Chris

Default opinion M7 assault gas mask bag

I know they are being reproduce so I want you guys opinion on this .
    It does have the 4 closing clips.

Chris

opinion M7 assault gas mask bagopinion M7 assault gas mask bag

Default Re: opinion M7 assault gas mask bag

Any help on this guys?

opinion M7 assault gas mask bag

It does look good to me, if you compare the webbing to that of other pieces of US equipment and they're similar, you have more than likely got a good one The modern reproduction materials don't really compare to the originals. If it feels, and smells old then it probably is

Thanks

Danny

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    It does look good to me, if you compare the webbing to that of other pieces of US equipment and they're similar, you have more than likely got a good one The modern reproduction materials don't really compare to the originals. If it feels, and smells old then it probably is

Thanks

Danny
    Thank you for the help.
    I do not have it , I was thinking of buying it if it was real.

Chris

?

I had a real one of these made by Goodyear many years ago, firstly the fasteners were nickel plated "Baby DOT's" and the fabric was very much like a thin car inner tube type rubber made from two thin ply sheet rubber sheets with a layer of rayon in between for extra reinforcement, as to the webbing on your bag its the correct style which is 2" Type IIa.

Nige.
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

Quote by Nige H View Post
    I had a real one of these made by Goodyear many years ago, firstly the fasteners were nickel plated "Baby DOT's" and the fabric was very much like a thin car inner tube type rubber made from two thin ply sheet rubber sheets with a layer of rayon in between for extra reinforcement, as to the webbing on your bag its the correct style which is 2" Type IIa.

Nige.
    In your opinion ,would you say this one is real.

Chris

?

Sorry Chris for not getting back to you, with these bags now being reproduced so readily I would recommend having a look at the item first hand before deciding wether to buy or not, as pictures can be so deceiving in there nature, as to the one in the photo's something about the reinforcing mesh is ring alarm bells, it looks more like fibre class mesh paint with blackboard paint, than nylon or rayon reinforced vulcanised rubber. True rubberised sheeting does not break up like this unless its completely perished in which case I would steer clear of this bag even if its original as this will basically it will eventually self destruct.

Nige.
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

Thank you.
    chris