Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

P37 e-tool

Article about: Hi mates.I have just found a nice complete p37 e-tool set but it is painted on a field green colour.Can this one match with my other p37 equipment in standard colour.Many thanks

Default P37 e-tool

Hi mates.I have just found a nice complete p37 e-tool set but it is painted on a field green colour.Can this one match with my other p37 equipment in standard colour.Many thanks

Default Re: P37 e-tool

The price is good i think :50 euros

AIF
    ?

What part is painted green? The head the helve or the pouch?

all the parts are painted green and there are all war dated!

What do you think mates??

50 euros isn't a bad price at all. I'm not sure of all the other countries that used Brit kit after the war, that could be why it's painted. I know the Danes, the Italians and the Greeks for sure used it, then made their own. you could buy it, then do the research and if it wasn't done by any military, take the paint off. But for that price, it's seems a good deal.

Thanks.I think that the Brits painted the p37 equipment green for the D-day invasion.Am i right?

?

Hi Woodpecker,

When you say that you think that the Brit's painted the 37ptn equipment green for D-Day, I think that you are getting mixed up with that "great British invention" and bane of many thousands of British squaddies, the infamous "BLANCO"!

Blanco was originally designed as a webbing preservative and came in two forms, either a powder to be mixed with water to a paste and applied to the webbing and also in a block/cake form which was applied in a similar way.

It was available in various colours, including various greens, sand and white.

Just to confuse the issue, some units did actually paint their webbing, notably some units of the RTR (Royal Tank Regiments) and some Marine commando units, (both black).

Hope that this is some help.

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

PS: I would be interested in seeing some pic's of the kit concerned if that's possible please mate.

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Ade

Thanks for posting that link, (I did have it saved and would have posted it myself, but it was on my old lap-top that "died" and I couldn't remember it properly - it is now re-saved to this one!)

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast