Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

P37 large pack, named and unit marked

Article about: I have this on its way to me, 1944 dated with makers marks etc. Owner and unit marked as well which is why I bought it, as it was probably a bit more than they would go for. Marked to H.Q. S

It arrived today, or rather it was the package that came yesterday and Erika (the wife) picked it up for me today. I'll post some pics when I have a chance, over the weekend probably.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

A couple of pics of it.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RWF p37 large pack 1.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	244.1 KB 
ID:	574970   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RWF p37 large pack 2.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	275.8 KB 
ID:	574971  

Regards,

Jerry

?

Nice addition Jerry a quick question regarding the textiles used in said pack the material would appear to be not as heavy weight as the cloth used in the construction of a pack that would have been manufactured in Canada or England can you confirm this either way for me as it reminds me of the same type of cloth I have seen on packs manufactured in Australia .

Regards Mark K

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Nice addition Jerry a quick question regarding the textiles used in said pack the material would appear to be not as heavy weight as the cloth used in the construction of a pack that would have been manufactured in Canada or England can you confirm this either way for me as it reminds me of the same type of cloth I have seen on packs manufactured in Australia .

Regards Mark K
    Hi Mark,

you are correct, it is a lighter weight fabric than that used on the other web items I own and I assume because it is Indian manufactured and they used this different fabric.
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Interestingly it is Marked 06 Jones which was used by the Welsh regiments to distinguish between so many men with the same surnames, and is the last two digits of his service number, sometimes they used three digits, especially for the OR's, but HQ Sergeants obviously only needed two! It is one of the accurate parts of the film ZULU when they mention the William's etc by their numbers and name.
    I was talking to my neighbour today over the garden fence, as you do, and he said with the OR's in particular you might get more than one fusilier with the same surname and the same last two digits of their army number, so they were quite often known by the last three digits. He would know this as he was an officer with the regiment before it was amalgamated in 2006. He is also a published author on the regiment, so you can't get much better than that, straight form the horses mouth you might say, though in this case straight from the Lt. Generals mouth.
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by The woodpecker View Post
    I can informe you also that all aussie makers stamps are pink/purple!
    This is not fully correct take a look here Australian P37 Web Equipment Makers...
    Regards
    René

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12