Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Painted 9th Marine Hand Painted Duffle Bag?

Article about: Here are some pictures of the duffle bag I found at an estate sale this week. It appears to be painted by someone in the 9th Marines and has a very nice hand painted Mt. Fuji. I have two que

Default Painted 9th Marine Hand Painted Duffle Bag?

Here are some pictures of the duffle bag I found at an estate sale this week. It appears to be painted by someone in the 9th Marines and has a very nice hand painted Mt. Fuji. I have two questions. This bag has the guys name C.A. Cook and there is a number under the USMC on the front of the bag. (1640580) I assume that this is his military serial number? Does anybody know if I can findout anymore about the soldier by this number? Also the paint on the bag is starting to flake off. How can I preserve the paint without making the bag look tacky or taking away from its value? Thanks for any help!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Painted 9th Marine Hand Painted Duffle Bag?   Painted 9th Marine Hand Painted Duffle Bag?  

Painted 9th Marine Hand Painted Duffle Bag?   Painted 9th Marine Hand Painted Duffle Bag?  

Painted 9th Marine Hand Painted Duffle Bag?   Painted 9th Marine Hand Painted Duffle Bag?  

Painted 9th Marine Hand Painted Duffle Bag?  

Default Re: Painted 9th Marine Hand Painted Duffle Bag?

I would try not to handle it as much as possible, I like your bag,

?

I cant find the person with that serial number in the data base maybe someone else could figure it out

Keep digging and you will find it!