Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Paratrooper Bicycle?

Article about: I went to a local bike shop with my cousin to do some Christmas shopping, and I was surprised to see what I think is a WW2 British Paratrooper's bicycle. I know it's military and British bec

Default Re: Paratrooper Bicycle?

can someone tell me what it might be worth?

4-5.000$ in good shape from what I have seen, the seat should read BSA on it at that price look foward to better pics.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu∑ri∑bus u∑num[/h]

The seat is a post war replacement, I remember that for certain. It was a khaki color and blue.

Look foward to some detailed pics unless you can get it for a couple hundred I would get better pics all over crank, cables, brakes, head stamp, seat and post, grips and bar, wheels and hubs, and general frame pics, . I would love to have one of these in my collection and wish you luck!!!

Eric
    [h=3]e plu∑ri∑bus u∑num[/h]

I have done a thread on these, as I own one.

See here:

British BSA folding "Parabike"

It all looks fine, (bar the seat) my advice would be to buy it if the price is OK. These bikes are a sound investment and fun to ride too.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I have done a thread on these, as I own one.

See here:

British BSA folding "Parabike"

It all looks fine, (bar the seat) my advice would be to buy it if the price is OK. These bikes are a sound investment and fun to ride too.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks for the response, Ade! That thread you posted is amazing.

What would you consider an ok price?

In the UK, anything under £1000 would be good.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I have a couple of Para-bikes and am fairly sure even from the poor pics that you have found yourself one too.

In what I would call "workmanlike" condition, i.e with a few missing or incorrect parts but basically OK, it's worth around £700 - £1000 depending on exactly what is & what is not there. If it happened to be complete including war grade tyres etc. It would be worth around £2,000 - £2,500

Therefore if you can get it for under £500 you are onto a guaranteed winner.

These bikes are great to ride as long as you are under about 5' 8" after that your knees will constantly hit the handle bars & your feet will hit the front wheel.

Still great fun though.

M

Thanks for the response! I'll see if I can pick it up on the cheap!

Quote by General Ignorance View Post
    I have a couple of Para-bikes and am fairly sure even from the poor pics that you have found yourself one too.

In what I would call "workmanlike" condition, i.e with a few missing or incorrect parts but basically OK, it's worth around £700 - £1000 depending on exactly what is & what is not there. If it happened to be complete including war grade tyres etc. It would be worth around £2,000 - £2,500

Therefore if you can get it for under £500 you are onto a guaranteed winner.

These bikes are great to ride as long as you are under about 5' 8" after that your knees will constantly hit the handle bars & your feet will hit the front wheel.

Still great fun though.

M
    Nice to see another North Yorker here! Welcome

Do you have pics of your bikes ?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast