Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pattern 37 Indian made large pack

Article about: Hello mates.I am thinking of buying this nice pattern 37 British/Indian made large pack,but i'm not sure if it is original.Any opinions?Many thanks (the link is below)Un-issued WW2 Indian Ma

Default Pattern 37 Indian made large pack

Hello mates.I am thinking of buying this nice pattern 37 British/Indian made large pack,but i'm not sure if it is original.Any opinions?Many thanks (the link is below)Un-issued WW2 Indian Made British Army Issue Large Pack 1937 pat | Equipment and Field Gear | World War Wonders

?

Default Re: Pattern 37 Indian made large pack

It's good. Most British webbing is so common that very few reproductions exist, because it's not worth reproducing. As a rule of thumb, if the buckles are brass, it's wartime, if they are black it's post war.

Martin

Thank you Nitram.The only problem is that the dealer doesn't reply to my e-mails but i was told from members of the forum that he is a reliable one,so i will get it !!

?

Its the first Indian manufactured large pack I have ever seen. Sabre Sales used to have Bren Pouches and other odd items but I don't remember any large packs.

Other than that issued in theatre I can't immagine that huge quanities were used by the British Army as the quality is not always good. The guys doing Far East living history will be interested in these, but if you are putting together a set for NW Europe I would stick to British items.

I would prefer this large pack because i have heard that the pattern 37 webbing is more rare

?

This is not true. Just check eBay, it's there by the truckload. zib militaria has a good supply too. British Uniforms / Field Gear / Decals - zib-militaria.de

Martin

Nitram are you refering to me?

i think that zib militaria has a lot of repro stuff

So ,take it or let it go??

It looks genuine to me, not sure what the price is like though. If you hunt round you can find a uk manufactured one for around a tenner or less, however the Indian webbing is always rarer and costs a bit more. Incidentally whilst there aren't repro large packs as such, India continued making poor quality large packs for the civilian market long after the war. I mistakenly bought a grotty large pack and it was only once I got it home and inspected it carefully that I found a little nylon label inside saying 'made in India'! Luckily I hadn't paid much for it, but its something to keep an eye out for.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast