Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

pattern 37 small pack includings

Article about: Good evening mates.I have recently started to form a WW2 British soldier.So i would like to know which items included in a pattern 37 small pack.Many thanks for you time and help

?

Default Re: pattern 37 small pack includings

Quote by 37Webbing View Post
    A lot of things I am afraid...

Attachment 459858

Mess tin, hold all, "housewife", spare clothing, rations, the essential tin cup, spare laces, cape / groundsheet etc.
    Perhaps a cooker? Personal belongings...
    If that is an original war-time marked British Army Comb I would be interested in seeing a close up picture as I have not seen one in 35 years of collecting. The Tooth Brushes are hard enough to find now.

Original late war shaving Brushes are out there.

baz
    ?

hello,I'm just starting a collection for my small pack. Are these knife and forks okay because the ones above are all single. Mine are marked up at 1945,so are they late war,or do I need to get the ones shown above to start my collection?

Quote by baz View Post
    hello,I'm just starting a collection for my small pack. Are these knife and forks okay because the ones above are all single. Mine are marked up at 1945,so are they late war,or do I need to get the ones shown above to start my collection?

Ideally you need the individual knife, fork and spoon. The forks and spoons are readily available but the knives are a bit scarce. The clip together kfs were made as part of the jungle kit and although you can find 44 dated examples they are not correct for a wartime kit display.
    Cheers
    Hangarman

NCA
    ?

I've seen a toothbrush for sale..Hold on to your seat. http://www.wdmilitaria.co.uk/viewpho...h=18261&phqu=4
    Yup, £95.
    I bet someone is sitting on a box full of these...along with a crate of Blanco 103!!

Sentimental Journey is a good place for small kit British Army Clothing, Equipment, Webbing, Manuals & Documents

NCA
    ?

In that picture of the personal kit layout inbetween the OxO tin and the cigarettte tin is a tin of water purifying tablets...make sure the ones you get have corks instead of the screwtops which are postwar.And the mirror shown on the holdall is also very late 45 issue..part of the jungle issue gear.

?

[QUOTE=NCA;862779]I've seen a toothbrush for sale..Hold on to your seat. http://www.wdmilitaria.co.uk/viewpho...h=18261&phqu=4
    Yup, £95.
    I bet someone is sitting on a box full of these...along with a crate of Blanco 103!!

That is the second dated Tooth Brush for sale I have seen in 40 years of collecting so if I did not already have one I would pay that amount. There were lots about at one time where the plastic had degraded and the markings were no long longer visiible, but unissued ones are very rare. Ditto my earlier comments on Comb's. I have never seen a marked comb and I assume the one pictured is not original.

baz
    ?

hi will these Water Sterilizing tables be ok for my small pack
    thanks

AIF
    ?

Quote by baz View Post

hi will these Water Sterilizing tables be ok for my small pack
    thanks
    No mate they are too new... Like someone said earlier they need to have a cork stopper

AIF
    ?

[QUOTE=M1910;864711]
    Quote by NCA View Post
    I've seen a toothbrush for sale..Hold on to your seat. http://www.wdmilitaria.co.uk/viewpho...h=18261&phqu=4
    Yup, £95.

That is the second dated Tooth Brush for sale I have seen in 40 years of collecting so if I did not already have one I would pay that amount. There were lots about at one time where the plastic had degraded and the markings were no long longer visiible, but unissued ones are very rare. Ditto my earlier comments on Comb's. I have never seen a marked comb and I assume the one pictured is not original.
    And 1941 dated too ... I agree with you mate and if I didn't already have one I would have no problems paying that much either
    ...How many early war dated toothbrushes would still be out there in that condition? Not may I would imagine.

I think that hunting around for pieces of kit like this is just as fun as finding webbing, bayonets, weapons, etc. Living in the U.S., when ever I stumble onto something like a British/British Empire Razor and or Blades, Foot Powder, Boot Polish Tin, etc...it is a "big deal" LOL. I always love going to antique shops in hopes of finding something new.
    Mark

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast