Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

pattern 37 small pack includings

Article about: Good evening mates.I have recently started to form a WW2 British soldier.So i would like to know which items included in a pattern 37 small pack.Many thanks for you time and help

baz
    ?

Default Re: pattern 37 small pack includings

hi
    looking at the foot powder tin its green but i have seen some that are gold colour tin which one is best to get
    thanks

Gold or brown are ok, the Green ones with black lettering are post war.
    Hangarman

baz
    ?

Hi,just a photo to show you all how I'm going with my small backpack collection.Just a couple of questions: I have a bakelight razor,would this have been used? I also have a razor marked 1945,is that too late for my collection or is that part of the jungle issue? Any comments on what I am missing would be appreciated,thanks.

Looking good so far Baz, On a technicality the 45 dated one is too late but the Bakelite one is ok. You need some tooth powder, some soap, emergency ration tin, and a knife!! (I know they are difficult to find) The list goes on with shoe brushes , hair brushes, Dubbin, and how about a tin of tobacco (look out for a NAAFI marked tin) for your pipe. Then there's a spare pair of socks and long johns, and just for good measure a flat pack hexi cooker.
    Cheers

Hangarman

I remember reading a book with a diagram the contents of a soldier in North Africa's small pack contents which I'm sure I could find somewhere if you want them. It showed That they also carried around a wool jumper, or other pieces of war clothing sometimes civilian items. I suppose these would have been worn over the KD shirt or worn at night under the greatcoat to keep war etc.

Quote by The Boy In Battle Dress View Post
    I remember reading a book with a diagram the contents of a soldier in North Africa's small pack contents which I'm sure I could find somewhere if you want them. It showed That they also carried around a wool jumper, or other pieces of war clothing sometimes civilian items. I suppose these would have been worn over the KD shirt or worn at night under the greatcoat to keep war etc.
    It can get surprisingly chilly in the desert during the night. Cold enough for that wool jumper to come in handy.

baz
    ?

Hello I have a chance to get a British WW2 toothbrush,but it is green and marked 1943.I've only seen white toothbrushes,just wondering if the green one was from WW2?

Quote by baz View Post
    Hello I have a chance to get a British WW2 toothbrush,but it is green and marked 1943.I've only seen white toothbrushes,just wondering if the green one was from WW2?
    I think they came in many colours, I have a pink one, sadly in poor condition and the date is not clear, but 1940?, probably 1945
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture pattern 37 small pack includings  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Without digging mine out I cannot remember what date it is but from memory pre-1945.

In the UK I think there has only ever been one discovery of a batch of tooth brushes in good condition about 30 years ago.
    Loads like the pink one but very rare in unissued condition.

Post a picture if you have one.

baz
    ?

Default toothbrush

What do you think? It is pretty far gone, but i like it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture pattern 37 small pack includings  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast