Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Period goggles?

Article about: Hello, can anybody tell me what period these goggles are from? I can't make heads or tails out of the marking and I'm guessing these are pretty recent BUT I'm not sure so I'm asking all you.

Default Period goggles?

Hello, can anybody tell me what period these goggles are from? I can't make heads or tails out of the marking and I'm guessing these are pretty recent BUT I'm not sure so I'm asking all you. Thanks in advance-
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Period goggles?   Period goggles?  

Period goggles?  

Default Re: Period goggles?

hi,,,these are US goggles,worn by tank crews,motorcycle drivers,pilots and aircrew,,,worn from 1940's to probably even today,,,,they have interchangeable lenses, of clear,red,yellow,and grey ,,,,hope this helps

Ah yes, thank you much. I wasn't sure where/when they were from but now that you say that I've found them. I wonder who makes these things, the mark on it looks Isreali or something.. hmm.

US M44 Goggles: these have been made since WW2 to the present day. If the design works, why change it! No idea on the marking either....

Cheers, Ade.

it wouldnt surprise me that they may be Israeli made,,,they have copied lots of military surplus from the US and other countries to fit their needs....

Quote by militarymania View Post
    it wouldnt surprise me that they may be Israeli made,,,they have copied lots of military surplus from the US and other countries to fit their needs....
    This would be my guess too, as I have never seen a mark like this before.
    The 'logo' is very large, which also makes them appear to be for
    commercial consumption.

WWII versions have '1944' in small size numbers.
    Regards,

Steve.