Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Pink Kanister

Article about: Hi to all friends, that you think of it of this pink kanister? And' 1943 English with arrow. I like to think that it is a camouflage....you that you say? Thanks to whom will want to interven

Default Pink Kanister

Hi to all friends, that you think of it of this pink kanister? And' 1943 English with arrow.
    I like to think that it is a camouflage....you that you say?

Thanks to whom will want to intervene
    Pink KanisterPink KanisterPink Kanister

This one is quite odd to me. I have never seen a wartime British can with the W arrow D in the middle - it is always above with the manufacturers logo in the centre. Also, note the handles are only welded at the front and rear - not the sides - this too is most unusual and NOT the norm for wartime military cans .....
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

It's a variation I have one with the marking placed like this. The paint could be ex fire brigade post war used, here in Victoria the CFA (country fire authority) painted them red post war

Thanks matey - a new one for me. but the non-welded handle?? ..... seems an accident waiting to happen!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

There are welds there as the handle is one piece, just a gap there.
    Last edited by reneblacky; 01-10-2018 at 10:49 PM. Reason: changed text

Here's pic of a bunch of my jerry cans

Thanks to all for the interventions, I don't believe that is a varnish war post, this tank not returned in England by the period of the war, in then I have found her in ex Yugoslavia purchased for little dollars, my friend (what nothing of miltaria doesn't understand) also had Italian material of divisions that they fought in Africa, and also German. Personally I Think that it is a loot of war. For the weldings of the tank I don't know a lot, I know how to know well Italian material but not this... I show you other images.ThanksPink KanisterPink Kanister

Still reckon repainted for a fire service of some kind - post war! these were reissued all across the globe mixed in with kraut ones too. I do stand to be corrected. Plus I use my WW2 cans too as they are still serviceable.
    There isn't a problem with the welding you show, just one that was a bit lazily done.

Friends, thank well you for the interventions.
    We feel there to the next recovery.
    Talk to you soon

No worries, just trying to help out.