Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Poncho

Article about: Hello, I picked up this poncho online to use for camping and this weird substance was stuck to it almost like dried glue, think it is mold. Could I have some suggestions on how to get it off

Default Poncho

Hello,

I picked up this poncho online to use for camping and this weird substance was stuck to it almost like dried glue, think it is mold. Could I have some suggestions on how to get it off? If possible.

PonchoPonchoPoncho

Thanks,
    Michael

CBH
    ?

Default Re: Poncho

It's the waterproofing , it dries out and flakes off after use . And sometimes it smells bad . You can reproof it for better water repellence . But it will still look flakey .
    Cheers Chris

Oh... I peeled some off because I thought it was mold. How can I re waterproof it?

Thanks,
    Michael

CBH
    ?

Outdoor stores sell different products , tell them what your trying to reproof and see what they have to offer . It will still work somewhat even as is . You might be better off buying a new one , I'm sure you can find a new camo one at surplus stores , pretty cheap (25/40$) . Cause god knows what you'll have to pay for the reproofing spray . But this one is still good for lean to , wind break use , ground sheet use .
    Cheers Chris

Thanks for the advice,

Michael