Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Possibly Home Guard Leather Equipment Carrier

Article about: Hi all. I picked this up today with a US Case, Carrying, M18 for a gunner's quadrant. I have no idea what it is. The leather reminds me of Home Guard leather "webbing" but it is fi

Default Possibly Home Guard Leather Equipment Carrier

Hi all. I picked this up today with a US Case, Carrying, M18 for a gunner's quadrant. I have no idea what it is. The leather reminds me of Home Guard leather "webbing" but it is fitted with LTD fasteners, so to me it is a mystery. Maybe someone else has seen similar? Any comments would be welcome. Cheers.

Also, it came attached to the leather belt in the top photo.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Possibly Home Guard Leather Equipment Carrier   Possibly Home Guard Leather Equipment Carrier  

Possibly Home Guard Leather Equipment Carrier  

NCA
    ?

Belt looks like an '03 pattern belt.Still on issue but called 'belt linesmans'.

The other thing looks like an axe carrier or for a similar shaped tool.Brits had LTD fasteners too...look at 44 pattern webbing.Interesting whatever it is!

Yes, I thought it was a 1903 Patt belt as well, but I think it is more recent. Also, I agree with your theory of being some sort of tool carrier.