Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Question about Us army Half tent

Article about: Hi, im interested in a half shelter. Are these common, what are there current prices? Is it hard to find the poles for one? Thanks Cheers. Nuno

Default Question about Us army Half tent

Hi, im interested in a half shelter.
    Are these common, what are there current prices?
    Is it hard to find the poles for one?
    Thanks
    Cheers.
    Nuno

NCA
    ?

Default Re: Question about Us army Half tent

Which version?There are two.The early tan pattern is an open ended version and the late war OG pattern is closed at both ends.
    With the early pattern you would have needed 4 halves to make a closed tent, the later only two.
    I managed to pick up an unissued 1942 dated one off a seller on ebay.It still had protective chalk covering it.I got original poles from the same seller too.Early ww2 pattern poles have an alloy sleeve, the later ones have Brass.
    I dont think either items are hard to find.This guy has them.. WWII US Army airborne Shelter half Tent dated early | eBay I think he has the pegs as well.

Hi, thanks for the reply and the help.
    I was refering to the second model, the later one.
    I have seen a few, also at ebay, but i dont know if they being faked or not.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

NCA
    ?

I would have thought they are still plentiful?It wouldnt surprise me if they are being reproduced as well!.

Hi Nuno, not faked to the best of my knowledge.

Personally, I would buy the earlier tan coloured open ended type. I used to own one back in the 1980's.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I have 4 different types the early od3 open end, early od3 closed, late od7 closed, and the Korean era snap type. They do reproduce all types but the snap to my knowledge, but originals are easily found, be careful though the late war pattern was produced through 1951-52 if the date concerns you.
    , The od7 late war I can find them easily at 25$ a set with late stacking poles, but the earlier od3 models with folding poles are harder to find and run closer to 50-75 usd a set with folding poles.
    If you are looking to represent D-day or before I would look for the earlier types, but anything after the later are generally ok.