Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Quick question on pen marks

Article about: Hey everyone, i recently aquired a large amount of ex CCF webbing kit, 99% of it is p58 but there is a few p37 small packs amongst it. Having come from CCF these are covered in pen marks, na

Default Quick question on pen marks

Hey everyone, i recently aquired a large amount of ex CCF webbing kit, 99% of it is p58 but there is a few p37 small packs amongst it.
    Having come from CCF these are covered in pen marks, names, etc and i wondered if anyone has ever tried to remove them before?

I ask as there is a nice 1940 meco one that needs some love.

There are certain substances which would remove the marks, but then you would be left with nice clean patches which would stick out like a sore thumb. Your best bet would be to clean the whole article rather than just the names. A good soaking and a scrub in biological washing powder would probably do the trick.

I have tried to clean webbing before but i found it would never look very clean, the best thing to do is to wash it as well as you can then reblanco in khaki or what ever colour you want. But do not try putting webbing in the washing machine like i did it will damage the edges. Here is a link to a website for cleaning webbing which may be useful,How to remove Blanco from webbing | Blanco and Bull

thanks guys and great link!
    time to get scrubbing!

?

I've never had any luck cleaning any piece of webbing, ever. It always looks worse afterwards and I end up regretting it.

Quote by karkee View Post
    I've never had any luck cleaning any piece of webbing, ever. It always looks worse afterwards and I end up regretting it.
    trust me karkee, these cant look any worse.