Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

RAChD post-war chalice and paten, fake date warning!

Article about: Recently a 1943 dated silver chalice and paten were auctioned on ebay, see: Annoyed from this ads?   WW2 British Army Chalice 1943 RAChD Chaplain | eBay and: WW2 British Army Paten Date

?

Default RAChD post-war chalice and paten, fake date warning!

Recently a 1943 dated silver chalice and paten were auctioned on ebay, see:
    WW2 British Army Chalice 1943 RAChD Chaplain | eBay
    and:
    WW2 British Army Paten Dated 1943 RAChD Chaplain | eBay
    I have attached the most important pictures of these auctions for future reference (the 2 pictures in the top row).

At first sight, these are valuable and collectable parts of a wartime Chaplain's field communion set that rarely come up for sale. However, they are in fact post-war made with a fake wartime date added.
    If you look at the attached pictures of my pewter holy water bottle and paten (bottom row) you can clearly see that left digit "1" on the auctioned items has been altered to a "4" to obscure the fact it is a date and the 1943 date is then added. It is the second time I have seen such set on ebay, it may even be the very same so buyer beware!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAChD post-war chalice and paten, fake date warning!   RAChD post-war chalice and paten, fake date warning!  

RAChD post-war chalice and paten, fake date warning!   RAChD post-war chalice and paten, fake date warning!