Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Rare pair of british anti gas gloves 1939 dated

Article about: Hi Chaps A RARE pair of what I will call the MKI anti gas gloves in David B Gordon's EQUIPMENT OF THE WWII TOMMY he covers the anti gas gloves in brief passing on page 363 and sadly only men

?

Default Rare pair of british anti gas gloves 1939 dated

Hi Chaps
    A RARE pair of what I will call the MKI anti gas gloves in David B Gordon's EQUIPMENT OF THE WWII TOMMY he covers the anti gas gloves in brief passing on page 363 and sadly only mentions what I would call the 2nd pattern examples despite showing a picture of a gas identification officers wearing this pattern of glove on page 379

These are made in the same way as the gas cape's with linseed oil impregnated martial this is the only pair of this pattern gloves I have seen I have seen the 2nd patterns which have ether a grip buckle or brass figure 8 buckle I beleave this pattern was superseded due to the thin rope tie cutting of blood supply to the hands ( how ever this is just an opinion and not a know fact ) As one would wrap the rope around the wrist and tie it off and one would tend to tie it to tight .
    Sadly these are not in perfect condition and are a bit stuck together and very grubby If some one has a pair of the later examples they would like to show it would be nice thanks for looking steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rare pair of british anti gas gloves 1939 dated   Rare pair of british anti gas gloves 1939 dated  

Rare pair of british anti gas gloves 1939 dated   Rare pair of british anti gas gloves 1939 dated  

Rare pair of british anti gas gloves 1939 dated  
    Last edited by ASR142; 02-08-2016 at 02:18 AM.

?

Nice find Steve! It looks like they have the same metal discs for securing the twine as the Mk VII gasmask bag...