Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Recent Estate Sale Finds

Article about: Hello everyone, I just picked up a couple of neat items from a local estate sale and wanted to share. I nabbed the holster for \\$20 and the knife for \\$5, which I was pretty excited about. The

?

Default Recent Estate Sale Finds

Hello everyone,

I just picked up a couple of neat items from a local estate sale and wanted to share. I nabbed the holster for $20 and the knife for $5, which I was pretty excited about. The knife, which I think may be theater made, is in great shape except for a few droplets of paint. It's blade is very sharp but not ground down, so it was taken care of by the previous owner. Thanks for looking.

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Recent Estate Sale Finds   Recent Estate Sale Finds  

Recent Estate Sale Finds   Recent Estate Sale Finds  

Recent Estate Sale Finds  
    Attached Images Attached Images Recent Estate Sale Finds 

?

Great stuff love the knife

?

Great looking knife and that Boyt is a beauty!!!!
    Do you have a 45 to stuff in there??

Congrats

Semper Fi
    Phil

Love the Boyt 44! I mostly see them dated 42!

?

Thanks for the replies everyone. As I mentioned, I bought these at a local estate sale that was held online. Stuff moved pretty quickly and I wasn't sure about the authenticity of the holster. I'm glad it seems good. I have a few others but all are post WWII dyed black.

AZPhi, I do have a Colt 45 (1943 production date I believe) that my dad gave me. I'll post some pics of it when i get a chance.

Thanks again for you comments!

Tom

Quote by hftiii View Post
    AZPhi, I do have a Colt 45 (1943 production date I believe) that my dad gave me. I'll post some pics of it when i get a chance.
    That is perfect!! I'd love to see it too.

MAP
    ?

Great pick ups. Congrats.

The handle on the knife looks awfully uncomfortable to hold in hand. How does it feel? Still a nice homemade knife. Doesn't look like it was made from a repurposed blade.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

MAP,
    The knife actually has a very good feel to it in the hand and seems to be nicely balanced/weighted, at least to a knife novice like myself. The blade seems to sheet metal, if that's a correct way to describe it. The bottom edge of the blade is pretty sharp but the bowie part (?) is not. The paint droplets suggest that at one time the knife might have been in a shed or garage......but it doesn't ever seem to have been abused.

Tom

Tom

?

Here are some pics of my 45 for my holster.

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Recent Estate Sale Finds  
    Attached Images Attached Images Recent Estate Sale Finds  Recent Estate Sale Finds