Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Remembrance day 2015

Article about: Getting the Bren ready for a Remembrance Day display. LEST WE FORGET Steve

Default Remembrance day 2015

Getting the Bren ready for a Remembrance Day display. LEST WE FORGET

Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Remembrance day 2015   Remembrance day 2015  

I've been flying this flag from my location for the past week. It won't be taken down until November 12th. I'm out almost every day manning a poppy stall here in Warrington. As always, the generosity of the general public is truly astounding.

Remembrance day 2015

Good stuff Harry. The generosity of the public shows they are not forgetting.

Steve

Where are you collecting Steve?...

Gunny
    I am just providing some stuff to go on display in a mall for the local military history club in the town of Tillsonburg Ontario (of which my youngest son is president )
    Not on a poppy stall myself. The Royal Canadian Legion who run the stalls don't display guns when collecting!!!

Steve

?

This is the first time in Many years I will not be in Canada for Nov 11th.
    When I travel to Europe I take about 150 small Canadian Flags and about 200 Canadian Poppies to place on Canadian Graves in Normandy, Flanders, the Somme and the NL, I also give many of the Poppies out to People over there that ask for them, one of my good friends in the NL handed out a pile of the Canadian Poppies I sent him to several classes of School Children as they look after Canadian Graves and still Thank the Canadians for liberating them.

I will be wearing a Poppy in San Fancisco next week, I hope some do not get the wrong Idea of what it means.

I was going through some books as I have been redoing my library, found one that was in a plastic bag.... the book was about Passiondeale.
    It had a pressed Poppy in it from m first tip there years ago.

I think I will get that framed with my "Tower of London" ceramic Poppy I was given as a gift.

I am waiting to see the new Canadian Poppy Quarters.. I think I might hit a bank and buy a roll of them

Let US NEVER FORGET!!!

Dean O
    Canada

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Where are you collecting Steve?...
    Hi Gunny,
    Tesco near the Halliwel-Jones stadium. I have my last three days this week, Wednesday to Friday - 10.00 to 12:00