Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Resistall Goggles Despatch Rider ?

Article about: Morning gents I am considering adding these goggles to my collection to display with my Canadian Dispatch Riders helmet but all the literature I can find refer to them as aviator goggles. I

?

Default Resistall Goggles Despatch Rider ?

Morning gents I am considering adding these goggles to my collection to display with my Canadian Dispatch Riders helmet but all the literature I can find refer to them as aviator goggles.
    I am however near positive they are the same as the ones I have seen worn by dispatch Riders in period images .
    These are a little out of my area of expertise so I just wanted to run them by you gents first before I purchased them your thoughts on these would be appreciated.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Resistall Goggles Despatch Rider ?   Resistall Goggles Despatch Rider ?  

Is it possible to look at the back of the goggles and the closed tin - obverse and reverse? From what I am able to find, Strauss and Buegelsisen were at 37 Warren St in 1918. Still attempting to find out when they moved to Broadway.

Cheers

?

Sorry away from my laptop the tins are dated 42-43 I suspect the seller pulled the add from the internet thanks for the response.

Regards Mark K

Despatch rider Private H. McDowell of The 48th Highlanders of Canada delivering a message to the battalion’s advanced headquarters, Regalbuto, Italy, 4 August 1943.

It's a pretty good photo and the goggles look very similar to me!....

Makes sense - they look awfully like some of 1930's ones I've seen.

?

Thanx Gunny I am pretty shur they are the same ones just want a little more feed back first.

Regards Mark K

I have an exact pair (mint condition) in my collection as well, instead mine is in a cardboard box (no markings).

Believe it or not, early Japanese naval aviators (probably 30's) used these similar goggles as well. To me it's possible.

Since the goggles are not marked.

Regards,
    Taka

?

Thanx for the replies gents it is appreciated.

Regards Mark K

I found the goggles and period photos!

Resistall Goggles Despatch Rider ? Imperial Japanese Navy Type 2 Summer Flight Goggles.

Cheers!
    Taka

these also were used in ww1 as flying goggles.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast