Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

restoration help advice US T handle shovel cover

Article about: Hi folks. I recently bought a t handle shovel and cover from an online "dealer". I only saw the front view of the shovel cover and when i asked the condition he said it was dated 1

Default restoration help advice US T handle shovel cover

Hi folks. I recently bought a t handle shovel and cover from an online "dealer". I only saw the front view of the shovel cover and when i asked the condition he said it was dated 1943 and in great shape. The shovel looks great but to my displeasure the hook and web loop was completely missing. Does anyone have any ideas on how i can get this restored. I know the webbing is going to require an industrial machine. Based on the stitch pattern the web loop would have been 2 inches wide. Id rather not return the item because the shipping will make the transaction un-economical. Besides that the unscrupulous dealer has failed to reply to me on several attempts. I paid 80.00 plus 20 to ship so im into it more than enough already
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture restoration help advice US T handle shovel cover  

?

Default Re: restoration help advice US T handle shovel cover

Cut the M-1910 hook/mount off of a canteen cover. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

NCA
    ?

Thats pretty crappy service!I would not be happy to find bits missing..

I think the cover would need unpicking so the loop could be stitched on...the wire hook hangers are freely available.

I thought of robbing a canteen hanger but i dont know how im going to stitch it on. What do you mean by "unpicking" the cover

?

I would look for some one who repairs shoes I once had a holster that needed to be repaired and he was able to do it .or go to your local dry cleaner they do repairs there to . Just a thought . Gary

?

I believe splitting the cover. Using a thread cutter and seperating the halves of the cover. I would try the canteen cover parts and a curved needel first. Then as Gary mentioned a leather repair shop or a tailor. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

How did you pay? Personally I'd start a dispute in paypal (if possible) for the item not being as described. They will side with the buyer 99% of the time and the whole transaction amount will be refunded including your original postage, which you are entitled to anyway as the dealer sold it to you based on false information. I'm sure that will get his attention and make him reply to you messages, if he wants it back after that tell him he has to pay for return shipping.

This kind of crap really annoys me