Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

In search of an original US MKII or MKIIA1 Bodies from WW II era

Article about: Hello Everyone,I am Grizzly,and this is my first post.I discovered this site after a web search.My interest is in all things military,but mostly,the time period of 1933-1945.I especially enj

Default In search of an original US MKII or MKIIA1 Bodies from WW II era

Hello Everyone,I am Grizzly,and this is my first post.I discovered this site after a web search.My interest is in all things military,but mostly,the time period of 1933-1945.I especially enjoy collecting [and in some cases,restoring] original US MKII & MKIIA1 bodies from the WW II era.Could anyone please point me to where I could possibly locate & make an offer on some of these old relics ? Thank-you for your time and have a great day. Regards to all. - Grizzly.

Default Re: In search of an original US MKII or MKIIA1 Bodies from WW II era

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

Sorry, but I am a bit unsure of what these items are?

Cheers, Ade.

Hello Grizzly,

The nomenclature MkII is a British /Canadian one for the standard helmet used in WW2. You possibly mean the US 1917 and the 1917A1 helmets.
    An other British name for the WW1 helmet, with roughly the same shape, is Brodie, not body. But maybe you meant the helmet shell's?
    Cheers,
    Emile

?

Could also refer to a hand grenade,at least he knows what he is talking about.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Hello everyone and thank-you all for your replies.It is indeed an inert cast iron,US pineapple hand grenade body,from the WWII era that I am looking for. Thanks again !

Ah....thanks for the update! I will keep an eye out for some for you.

Cheers, Ade.

Thank-you so much Ade ! Regards - Grizzly.