Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

some questions about an ammo can

Article about: i have a chance to buy this ammo can and was wondering what era it is from and what its worth so i don't over pay

Default some questions about an ammo can

i have a chance to buy this ammo can and was wondering what era it is from and what its worth so i don't over pay
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture some questions about an ammo can   some questions about an ammo can  

some questions about an ammo can   some questions about an ammo can  

some questions about an ammo can  

Default Re: some questions about an ammo can

I would say it's WWII vintage, as per the army ordnance flaming bomb. Don't pay too much... they aren't that rare!

Looks like a good WW2 one to me, hard to find down here, I have only a UN blue painted one! I can't really help you on pricing but if I came across it I think my Wifey would let me buy it for $40

?

It`s WW2,I wouldn`t pay more than $35....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Looks like a good WW2 one to me, hard to find down here, I have only a UN blue painted one! I can't really help you on pricing but if I came across it I think my Wifey would let me buy it for $40
    HAHA its $30 for this one so i might buy it but im gonna try and see if i can get it for a little less ill keep you guys posted and thanks for the help

No prob, sir. Take a look on eBay, there are a few on there for under $30.

just wanted to add that all the stuff in the background is for sale as well so if you guys want a price on it i can let you know how much its selling for haha

- - Updated - -

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    No prob, sir. Take a look on eBay, there are a few on there for under $30.
    are they under $30 with shipping

Quote by ripndip View Post
    are they under $30 with shipping
    Some are, yeah. Some are substantially cheaper if you bid low and win.

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Some are, yeah. Some are substantially cheaper if you bid low and win.
    i want a couple of them because there good to put stuff you don't want to get wet in when you do a event like socks under wear and things like that so maybe ill pick that one up and bid on some thanks for the suggestion

Quote by ripndip View Post
    i want a couple of them because there good to put stuff you don't want to get wet in when you do a event like socks under wear and things like that so maybe ill pick that one up and bid on some thanks for the suggestion
    If you're planning on using them for storage verses using them in a historically accurate display, I'd suggest modern cans. They're likely to be in better shape and have their rubber gasket intact which will keep the cans airtight and watertight.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast