Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

South African Small Pack

Article about: My latest pickup is this lovely South African made 37 pattern small pack. It's in lovely unissued condition and I understand they are pretty hard to find, this is certainly the only one I've

Default South African Small Pack

My latest pickup is this lovely South African made 37 pattern small pack. It's in lovely unissued condition and I understand they are pretty hard to find, this is certainly the only one I've come across in the flesh so far.

South African Small PackSouth African Small PackSouth African Small PackSouth African Small PackSouth African Small Pack

Indeed, you don't see many of these here in the UK. Nice clean example.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

A very nice example !!

Like !

Cheers!
    Taka

?

That is a great find! I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Rich A. in Pa
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

?

I wouldn't say no to it. Also good to see that it still has the internal dividers present.

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

Thanks, I'm pleased with it and I've tracked down a SA water bottle holder and set of pouches, but they will have to wait til next payday! I'd like to put a full set together...to go with the Indian sets I am putting together as well.

?

Great South African small pack Warspite!

You can differentiate packs made by D.I.FRAM and SAPAW by the closure straps, since the former has 1" width straps with double rivet chapes and the latter had 3/4" straps with single rivet chapes.

I'm super jealous, never found one in Jo'burg the bunch of times I've been there!

?

According to the South Africans I have spoken with, South African-made webbing is even rare in South Africa. I think a lot of it was modified and used postwar too...