Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

sten bandoliers

Article about: I was just wondering whether any of you thought that the Worldwide Arms sten bandoliers that they were selling 2-3 years ago were ex Israeli or ex UK army? Did the Israeli's have them at all

?

Default sten bandoliers

I was just wondering whether any of you thought that the Worldwide Arms sten bandoliers that they were selling 2-3 years ago were ex Israeli or ex UK army? Did the Israeli's have them at all and if they did were they home make or ex UK army stock?

Finally blanco-to do or not to do-that is the question....

:-)

?

Default Re: sten bandoliers

Welcome Andy,

I personally stick to MeCo WW2 dated webbing when looking to collect pieces of this kit.
    The reasoning is that, MeCo were a good quality Britsh manufacture, as well as putting the same branded webbing together.

As for blanco-ing .. I personally steer clear of these items ...I like to seen "as issued" clean webbing.

Sten Bandoliers ... although that is one piece still on my shopping list, a clean MeCo dated one would be my target.

Cheers

Gary J.

i remeber the acf in the 80s all the webbing was 38 pattern wonder if they ever updated it lol

?

Yep .. we had it too .. in the 70's
    A strange mixture of DPM trousers .. windproof pullover jackets .. and 38 webbing .... plus putties ..

Gary J.

Quote by panzerjaeger44 View Post
    i remeber the acf in the 80s all the webbing was 38 pattern wonder if they ever updated it lol