Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

A story to share...

Article about: Well, I'll make this short and sweet. I heard form a friend of mine that his father, who was a WWII vet stationed in Hawaii during and after Dec 7/41, that after the attack that some of the

Default A story to share...

Well, I'll make this short and sweet. I heard form a friend of mine that his father, who was a WWII vet stationed in Hawaii during and after Dec 7/41, that after the attack that some of the units decided to "cache" weapons around the islands for impending ground troop invasion from the Japanese. He told his son(my friend) that it was commonplace for units to bury stashes of weapons along the beaches around well-known landmarks (specific to the unit, I imagine), and that he himself personally buried a crate of unissued still caked in cosmoline Thompson .45 machine guns with ammo under a palm tree on a beach in Oahu. I was told that the old man went back for a reunion years after the war, but was unable to locate his stash. So, to all the hunters in Hawaii...on Oahu...there may be a very tasty prize awaiting the dedicated hunter.
    Cheers, Jer

4md
    ?

Default Re: A story to share...

awesome! now thats somthing that gets your heart racing

Interesting story, been there many times, never thought to use a metal detector. I wounder how police would react to the cache being found.
    Was it north or south of the island? (South is more of a city then the north.)

Thanks for sharing

?

Quote by Franz1944 View Post
    Interesting story, been there many times, never thought to use a metal detector. I wounder how police would react to the cache being found.
    Was it north or south of the island? (South is more of a city then the north.)

Thanks for sharing
    Ask the old Hawaiian folks on that part of the Island.
    SteveR