Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Strange US WW2 Cover

Article about: Hi I founded this US ww2 cover Diameter near 50cm Do you know its utility ? I find nothing on it.. Thanks !

Default Strange US WW2 Cover

Hi

I founded this US ww2 cover
    Diameter near 50cm
    Do you know its utility ?
    I find nothing on it..

Thanks !

Strange US WW2 Cover

Strange US WW2 Cover

Strange US WW2 Cover

just at a guess, maybe a steering wheel cover? nice unusual find. about the right size for my WW2 Jeep steering wheel

My guess is a barrel/breach type cover that is not snapped together correctly in the pic but reneblacky could certainly be correct.
    John

I've gone through my books but I can't find it, although it might be Signal Corps or mounted troops related. I'm pretty sure it's not a steering wheel cover, as this would have absolutely no use in the military. Other examples of this are the shovel covers and spare wheel covers you sometimes see on restored vehicles; these are fantasy items.

That being said, I have to admit I have a shovel cover on my jeep because the tip of the shovel just kept scratching in to the side of the body...

?

Reminds me of one half of a radio cable reel cover, it's similar in appearance to one's that we used to use when I was a Radio Op' in the British Army in the 1980's.