Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Telegraph Equipment UNIT B

Article about: Hi Guys, any Idea what went into this box ?

Default Telegraph Equipment UNIT B

Hi Guys,
    any Idea what went into this box ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Telegraph Equipment UNIT B   Telegraph Equipment UNIT B  

Telegraph Equipment UNIT B  

Not really my area but I have seen a lot of signals kit during my service as I was a B3 signaller within my trade (hated the bloody stuff, worst course I ever did) and although this piece pre-dates me by about 30 years (honestly!!) one gets a nose for the gear. I believe this would contain a telegraph (morse) key and ancillaries. This website might be of use; Telephone and Telegraph Equipment

or depending on how you approach your enquiry (obviously don't just say "tell me what this is" ) these guys know just about everything there is to know on the subject; Home - Royal Signals Museum

Let us know what you discover

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Thanks Mark,
    I did try that first website yesterday but you seem to have to be a member to get any of the Downloads ( I am not sure I can cope with joining another forum)

I did find this Battledetective Battle Relic while searching which gives an interesting account and a clue as to what goes in it.

Quote by Roger M View Post
    Thanks Mark,
    I did try that first website yesterday but you seem to have to be a member to get any of the Downloads ( I am not sure I can cope with joining another forum)

I did find this Battledetective Battle Relic while searching which gives an interesting account and a clue as to what goes in it.
    You're welcome mate.

Not surprised about the first link but it looks like a treasure trove of hard to find info.

Try the 2nd link. It is a regular Army museum not an amateur "nostalgia" thing and being at Blandford Forum, Dorset is just about close enough to visit from Hampshire!

Good luck.

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

What ? Venture across the border ?