Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Are these military canteens?

Article about: I'm not sure what these 5 canteens are.Although similar, there are three different types. They are all made out of aluminum and the two on the right are just slightly taller than the other t

Default Are these military canteens?

I'm not sure what these 5 canteens are.Although similar, there are three different types. They are all made out of aluminum and the two on the right are just slightly taller than the other three. The only markings on them are located on the neck. The one on the left : "BM6", The two in the middle: "D59" & "D63", and the two on the right, both say, "ICO'55/56". The caps on the left three are green and a softer plastic than the right two which are brown and more brittle. I'm trying to figure out if they are military or not and their age (I'm assuming 1950s for the right two & maybe 1960s for the left three?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Canteens Labeled.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	152.4 KB 
ID:	234465 ). I know I've said alot here but if anyone could identify them, I'd certainly appreciate it. Thank you.

Default Re: Are these military canteens?

I Think they are civilian imitations of the standard US canteen. If they Were military, they would have U.S. prominently stamped on them with a date. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Those are Dutch Netherlands canteen s.