U.S. Army issue, WWI gas mask and satchel bag. I'm not sure but I think this could be a C.E. Mask respirator with late war satchel. The respirator is affixed to a yellow type ‘H’ filter canister. The filter canister is marked 161 X H and I think this one protects against both smoke and gas, attached to the filter canister is an instruction, record book which also includes a field repair kit. Unfortunately the anti fogging compound is missing. The interior of the "CEM" mask has a rubber padded nose-clip and the rubber mouth piece for breathing, which is in fair condition for it's age. I can't make out any of the markings on the satchel bag, except for No.3 - Wide on the front flap and to the left corner of this there seams to be a square with something written in it and 379714X on the inside lap as well. Below this number could be an ??18, maybe the year? The "CEM" mask has the markings 3 wide 137T and 60 on the front where the forehead would be. I have no idea what these numbers mean. On the front of the satchel bag is the name of the digger "Alex Olson". I couldn't find any details of this brave person. I believe there’s not too many of these around in this condition. overall I think it's a neat piece of history and at the same time to remind us what these brave diggers went through.

U.S. Army issue, WWI gas mask and satchel bagU.S. Army issue, WWI gas mask and satchel bagU.S. Army issue, WWI gas mask and satchel bagU.S. Army issue, WWI gas mask and satchel bagU.S. Army issue, WWI gas mask and satchel bagU.S. Army issue, WWI gas mask and satchel bagU.S. Army issue, WWI gas mask and satchel bagU.S. Army issue, WWI gas mask and satchel bagU.S. Army issue, WWI gas mask and satchel bagU.S. Army issue, WWI gas mask and satchel bagU.S. Army issue, WWI gas mask and satchel bagU.S. Army issue, WWI gas mask and satchel bag