Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

U.S. Field Safe

Article about: Hello everyone, It's been awhile since I posted on here, I hope everyone is doing well. I was hoping someone could help me out. I was out picking today and found what I believe is a WW2 US A

Quote by Australia View Post
    Nice item indeed , I was a locksmith for a few years , it won't get opened without repairs being needed , Keep in mind most of these have relockers within the door , if not correctly done by a locksmith it can turn into a nightmare , anything from glass and or wire activated re locking systems . Best entry would be from the rear using a large hole at the rear of the safe body to expose the rear of the combo lock , Doing it this way can keep the door totally un-damaged and a new combo being set with no issues , then of course just a repair of the hole in the rear is needed .
    Australia Thanks for replying, i have been looking into different ways of opening it. do you think this safe would be just like a another safe? I do now realize that there is no clean way opening the safe. I saw a picture of a simmer safe with three bolts maybe four (couldn't see the top) were would the relockers engage since there is only (3-4 bolts). Thanks for everyone insight.

From
    Shortbuss55

So as a update, it's not as heavy as I thought it would be . I have seen simmer safes and I can hear at least two thuds in the safe so I am thinking it's more that just a tin box sliding back and forth. I'll post more and clearer pictures latter on today. On the left side and back has black spray pain, (421 Engineering Co). The handle is stamped, (FS 109). I am thinking FS stands for (Field Safe?) I am hopping someone might have a picture(s) of the inside and the back of the door. I have only seen five pictures on the internet.
    Thanks for everyone's insight and help.

From
    Shortbuss55

New update, pictures will be posted at a latter date. Safe was opened. There was a good amount of post war document's, 1948-the late 1950's.

"It looks like it's a post war field chest from around the Korean war era."-Ned You where right, the date stamp on the inside of the safe was 1949.

From
    Shortbuss

They left Documents in it? Brilliant....lol Should be interesting, indeed, to see what all they are!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    They left Documents in it? Brilliant....lol Should be interesting, indeed, to see what all they are!

The military didn't leave documents and ect. The person who owned the safe did.

From
    Shortbuss

Good outcome , keen to see some of those documents also . Can you take a pic of the door bolts ?

LONG LONG LONG Overdue but here are the pictures, U.S. Field SafeU.S. Field SafeU.S. Field SafeU.S. Field SafeU.S. Field SafeU.S. Field SafeU.S. Field SafeU.S. Field SafeU.S. Field SafeU.S. Field SafeU.S. Field SafeU.S. Field SafeU.S. Field SafeU.S. Field SafeU.S. Field SafeU.S. Field SafeU.S. Field SafeU.S. Field SafeU.S. Field SafeU.S. Field Safe

I can still take photo's of the safe but not the documents.

the rest of the picture's can be found on my other thread, here

I can inventory it for you

hahaha, sadly you can not. I no longer have the documents and such.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2