Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

U.S. Web Belt and Pouches

Article about: Canadian - 1951 pattern belt with buckle chafes removed US - Case No 8, Medical instruments & supplies (IFAK) issued around th time of the M1967 gear US - M1961 Canteen, cover, & 1st

Default Re: U.S. Web Belt and Pouches

I know this is a bit outside the scope of this forum but do you have any pix of newer Canadian gear if so PM me

?

I have another canteen, I don`t know if it is military or not, it is slightly larger than standard and says made in Japan on the bottom,the cup is missing,you can pour from it by just loosening the lid.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture U.S. Web Belt and Pouches   U.S. Web Belt and Pouches  

U.S. Web Belt and Pouches  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

These were the first pattern of the thermos that we adopted in the 90s. They replaced the large steel tube shaped ones. The idea was to carry it in the watter bottle pouch. We couldn't get past the idea of wearing webbing with our winter gear. That promotes sweating and cuts off air circulation under the vast clothing. BUT, the thermos was exellent. I mentioned that there was no way to fit the canteen cup to it and the argument was that the water was already hot. No, you have to heat it before you put it in. It had a little cup on it that was also plastic. They couldn't see it and now, with the advent of the camelback and two quart canteens the canteen cup is gone. Always remember the saying of the old Aussie W/O that was an NVA prisoner, "It's hard to eat rice out of your hat!" The new thermos is green and a bit better made. If you pre heat them they work great. If they get filthy inside, use some fine steel shot(as in shotgun) and scrubby powder and a drop of water. They will sparkle. Air them until dry.

?

Thanks for the info BAR.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

The Green one is made in Canada by DEW Engineering NSN 7330-21-904-5266U.S. Web Belt and PouchesU.S. Web Belt and PouchesU.S. Web Belt and Pouches
    Last edited by Recon 3690; 08-13-2011 at 10:06 AM.

Here is a pic (from the net) of a black 1 (Japanese), but it shows the cupU.S. Web Belt and Pouches

?

Quote by Recon 3690 View Post
    Here is a pic (from the net) of a black 1 (Japanese), but it shows the cupU.S. Web Belt and Pouches
    Thanks for the pic, wish I had the cup for mine.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

No prob I had the pic in my reference section. I just thought you might like to know what it looks like so if you see one you can scoop it up. Note the little handle on the side, very similar to the old plastic Thermos's we used to carry to school.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4