Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unidentified Bandolier

Article about: I wonder if anyone can help identify this bandolier. It was sold as Indian and it's certainly rough enough! I'm not convinced though as it doesn't conform with any standard empire bandolier

Default Unidentified Bandolier

I wonder if anyone can help identify this bandolier. It was sold as Indian and it's certainly rough enough! I'm not convinced though as it doesn't conform with any standard empire bandolier and it's completely unmarked. Does anyone recognise its origin?Unidentified BandolierUnidentified BandolierUnidentified Bandolier

Could be Finnish as they used a lot of these

?

I believe it is a Turkish Mauser bandolier Warspite...

https://www.libertytreecollectors.co...?idproduct=363

Thanks Karkee, looks like we have a winner...ah well you win some you lose some- took a punt on a poor photograph and lost. Still looking for an Indian made bandolier.

?

I'll keep an eye out for another mate!

There are often postwar Indian bandoliers on the market like the following one...

Australian Army Enfield SMLE 303 Rifle Accessories Set #17- Original (Not Repro) | eBay

Note how many of the stamps did not change...even into the 1960s!

I'm glad someone posted this question. I recently bought 2 of these with 70 rounds of 8mm mauser on stripper clips.. Ammunition is dated 1943 and steel projectiles. Was wondering the same thing.Unidentified Bandolier
    Unidentified Bandolier
    Unidentified Bandolier

?

Nice bandoliers UK Cousin, but that head stamp looks like 1945 to me...

Yep you are right and all identical in both bandoliers. I even bought each bandolier in a different state 800 miles apart. Looks like someone has found a horde of these somewhere.

I have to say the ironic thing was both sellers didn't know where the rounds came from. They were labeled 8mm mauser milsurp ammunition.

?

Yes, I have seen them at gun shows and surplus stores as well and was always tempted. I think you are right that a stash was found for the collector's market. Who knows what other items are sitting in storage somewhere waiting to be discovered!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast