Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

United-Carr Fastener Kit

Article about: Hello folks, This kit is pretty cool in my opinion and very uncommon in almost complete condition. These kits were originally issued to US Navy ships for repairs of field equipment. The kit

Default United-Carr Fastener Kit

Hello folks,

This kit is pretty cool in my opinion and very uncommon in almost complete condition. These kits were originally issued to US Navy ships for repairs of field equipment. The kit contains most, if not of all, the various fasteners that were in use at the time, all of the dies required to set the fasteners, and a hand press.

I came across this kit and the previous owner was very fond of it if you know what I mean. Took a lot of talking over a few weeks period an a lot of money but I had to have it. I have a small size business on the side making nylon rifle slings, belts, knife sheaths, and a few other small items. In addition to being able to fix my own vintage military items with missing snaps I thought I could also incorporate a repair service into my business. I haven't moved on that yet but I thought I would post some pictures just for reference purposes.

United-Carr Fastener Kit
    United-Carr Fastener Kit
    United-Carr Fastener Kit
    United-Carr Fastener Kit
    United-Carr Fastener Kit
    United-Carr Fastener Kit
    United-Carr Fastener Kit
    United-Carr Fastener Kit
    United-Carr Fastener Kit
    United-Carr Fastener Kit

That's a score Well done!!!

I'd hate to use it. I'd keep it complete, but if it's useful to you well...

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    I'd hate to use it. I'd keep it complete, but if it's useful to you well...
    Thank you, I agree, now that I have it, I want to keep it as complete as possible but it's a very expensive decoration at this point. I am going to be very selective on what I use it to repair.

Best,
    Rob

Very nice find! I had not even seen one before.
    John

Quote by JoeFriday View Post
    Thank you, I agree, now that I have it, I want to keep it as complete as possible but it's a very expensive decoration at this point. I am going to be very selective on what I use it to repair.

Best,
    Rob
    Cheers Rob, Great answer Mate.

Couple of commercial repairs may pay it off? just throwing it out there. Pushing the barrel I know!
    Last edited by reneblacky; 02-10-2018 at 02:50 AM. Reason: added text

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    Very nice find! I had not even seen one before.
    John
    I had never seen one before either. I started trying to research them after I saw this one and was having trouble working out a deal. They are very uncommon and this is more complete then few that I was able to find on the internet from closed auctions and such. This one has over 7,000 pieces, yes I counted every piece in the kit.

United-Carr Fastener Kit

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Couple of commercial repairs may pay it off? just throwing it out there. Pushing the barrel I know!
    That was my original plan.

See if you can find good quality repro/modern snaps for repairs using the original tools?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast