Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

unknown British haversack

Article about: Hello i picked this pack up the other day. and i am having trouble trying to identify what its use was for. i have never seen a back like this. my only thought might for a field radio. at th

Default unknown British haversack

Hello i picked this pack up the other day. and i am having trouble trying to identify what its use was for.
    i have never seen a back like this. my only thought might for a field radio. at the front says tropic proofed inside has a lining. 3 vent holes underneath.
    if some is able to help me with this i would be grateful.
    thanks mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture unknown British haversack   unknown British haversack  

unknown British haversack   unknown British haversack  

ZA is the stores prefix for radio gear so I would suspect it is to do with that, but no idea what exactly.

thanks warspite. sometimes with this type of kit it can be hard to nail it.
    I was also thinking a mine director pack would have fell into the same category.

deffo a radio pack can't say which! but something I'd love to have. Great find Mate

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    deffo a radio pack can't say which! but something I'd love to have. Great find Mate
    i found it at a junk store. cheap too.

Quote by geelong View Post
    I was also thinking a mine director pack would have fell into the same category.
    I think you are right, somewhere in the back of my mind is a recollection that mine clearance gear is coded with the radios.

- - ------- - -

Quote by geelong View Post
    I think you are right, somewhere in the back of my mind is a recollection that mine clearance gear is coded with the radios.

I think it is for the radio set no.46.

Wireless of the Week - week 13 - MLU FORUM

A bit more from here WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums
    It looks like a really good find !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture unknown British haversack   unknown British haversack  

thanks roger m for the help i was struggling with this one. the way the side attachment sits, explains why on my bag there is muck around the hole. great find thanks again. ill be thinking the radio set will be a hard one to find.

Definitely for the WS 46. I have a 46 missing a few bits, and i am picking pieces up at the rate of one per year.

To the right person these are worth a bit of money - mine was not dirt cheap. Cheers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast