Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unknown equipment

Article about: Ok so this isn’t actually me wanting to know what these are, its my dad. Him and his friends were trying to work out what they are and reached no conclusion. So its been requested i reach ou

?

Default Unknown equipment

Ok so this isn’t actually me wanting to know what these are, its my dad. Him and his friends were trying to work out what they are and reached no conclusion. So its been requested i reach out here and see if you guys can help.

I personally have no clue what they are. Theres a date of 1929 and some text. I was thinking it looked like land surveyor equipment or some land testing equipment for some reason. Not sure. Im hoping someone here has any idea. I wouldn’t be surprised if it nots a military piece.

Sorry for bad photo quality. Aint my dads photos and i do not know if its my dads friends photos. Thanks for any help.

Unknown equipmentUnknown equipmentUnknown equipmentUnknown equipmentUnknown equipmentUnknown equipment

?

Intriguing. What does it say below (Royal Scots)? Germany?

Oz.

Quote by Ubique View Post
    Intriguing. What does it say below (Royal Scots)? Germany?

Oz.
    It looks like it is a date of February 1929.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

I meant what does it say below Royal Scots? Is that word Germany or something else?

Oz.

Quote by Ubique View Post
    I meant what does it say below Royal Scots? Is that word Germany or something else?

Oz.
    It says what I already posted.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Ah! I see now. Cheers Ralph.

I wonder if kilts need a device like that for storage?

Oz.

?

That sound sounds like a really good answer. I will look into it

?

Update

Royal scots didn’t wear kilts. Still a mystery

I think I’ve seen one of these before.....but I can’t remember where....

The fact that it folds suggests that it has to be mobile/transportable.....and the wing-nut adjuster either tightens things or locks it....I liked the Kilt concept but kilts are pleated aren’t they?....and would expand for ever wouldn’t they...hey, you’d know more about that than me :-). It doesn’t look robust enough to be used “in the field”....it looks quite delicate..so perhaps something for measuring ? But I can’t see any marks on it...I still like the clothing possibility....like the folding coat hanger from “Raiders”.......and the tapering (although that may just be the angle of the photos) may be the clue

‘Probably turn out to be a snipers frame!!! :-)

?

Thanks for your input! Albiet it should be my dad saying thanks. I will show my dad this and see what he thinks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast