Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unusual P-37 anklets/leggings ?

Article about: Morning Gents in my travels yesterday I stopped in a small town in the interior of BC I noticed a small antique/junk shop on the out skirts and thought I would pop in for a look for the most

?

Default Unusual P-37 anklets/leggings ?

Morning Gents in my travels yesterday I stopped in a small town in the interior of BC I noticed a small antique/junk shop on the out skirts and thought I would pop in for a look for the most part it was pretty uninteresting until I spotted some webbing material hanging on a nail on the wall.
    After a quick negotiation we settled on a fair price I had never seen these particular style of gator or anklet before and found them most interesting I tried to do a search last night while on the ferry and have spent a few hours this morning searching data bases such as Karkee web,Canadian soldiers.com and a few of my other regular haunts on the web for information with no luck they are C-Broad arrow marked 1942 dated and were manufactured by Z.L & T.L which is a well known firm and they are in a size 1 and are marked left and right with the word LONSDALE printed on both
    They are reinforced with stiffeners sewn in between the material running up the full length of the gator in the area of the grommet's and behind the band of webbing adjacent to it approx 10 inches away .
    I would not ask for assistance gentlemen but these have me stumped
    I thought possibly despatch rider,calvary ,officers variation to name a few
    Has any one seen this style of anklet or legging before.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unusual P-37 anklets/leggings ?   Unusual P-37 anklets/leggings ?  

Unusual P-37 anklets/leggings ?   Unusual P-37 anklets/leggings ?  

Unusual P-37 anklets/leggings ?   Unusual P-37 anklets/leggings ?  

Unusual P-37 anklets/leggings ?  
    Last edited by Mark K; 09-22-2013 at 09:43 PM.

These anklets/leggings were used by the British despact ridders.As you can see they are canadian made! Cheers!

?

Thanx Woodpecker your the man thought I was loosing my marbles all the images I looked at of despatch riders they were wearing either hi top leggings or double buckled boots.

Regards Mark K