Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

US Aeronautical First Aid kit

Article about: I found an interesting pouch yesterday which contained what you would call today a Male grooming kit. 3 cut throat razors/ 2 hair clippers by Niazi, 1941 dated shaving brush , hair dressing

Default US Aeronautical First Aid kit

I found an interesting pouch yesterday which contained what you would call today a Male grooming kit.
    3 cut throat razors/ 2 hair clippers by Niazi, 1941 dated shaving brush , hair dressing scissors and brushes.
    This threw me off track a bit but I then found out it was a US Aeronautical First Aid Kit of the first pattern. Designed to fit on Lift The Dot studs in strategic positions on board aircraft.

I found a couple of pictures of it fitted on the pilots seat behind the head and in what appears to be a Dakota on the sidewall.

The best information comes from https://med-dept.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=737 and WWII Uniforms - Flak Vests / Helmets / Misc
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Aeronautical First Aid kit   US Aeronautical First Aid kit  

US Aeronautical First Aid kit   US Aeronautical First Aid kit  

US Aeronautical First Aid kit   US Aeronautical First Aid kit  

US Aeronautical First Aid kit