Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

US Army M-227 Signal Lamp

Article about: I've been working on this for about two months clearing out all of the corrosion and rebuilding the light bulb housing and here is the first test! It works!

Default US Army M-227 Signal Lamp

I've been working on this for about two months clearing out all of the corrosion and rebuilding the light bulb housing and here is the first test! It works!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Army M-227 Signal Lamp   US Army M-227 Signal Lamp  

US Army M-227 Signal Lamp   US Army M-227 Signal Lamp  

Default Re: US Army M-227 Signal Lamp

Hi Gary, that look excellent. Nice item. I think these got used by the Pathfinders etc.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ade,

Yes that is correct. This is the only complete one I've ever seen outside of a book. I do still need to find an original manual however....so it's not quite complete

Cheers
    Gary

Nice Item,they are getting harder to find .I got my from a Farmer outside Sainte mere eglise Normandy complete set but no manual also.

johnk568
    ?

Howdy Gary,

You are missing the butt stock handle. I am missing the manual too! I will try to post pictures from this coming weekend. We are have a display at the ISRA Open House in Kankakee, Illinois.

What size batteries did you put in there? Looks like D fit.

johnk568

Quote by johnk568 View Post
    Howdy Gary,

You are missing the butt stock handle. I am missing the manual too! I will try to post pictures from this coming weekend. We are have a display at the ISRA Open House in Kankakee, Illinois.

johnk568
    I never tryed to put any batteries in the one I have ,but would love to know what batteries would make it work.

johnk568
    ?

Howdy,

I had put 3 Energizer d cells, but it looks like it take 5 and I didn't have 5. I don't think they were that sofisticated to have anything higher than 1.5 volts. I will try it out and let you know.

johnk568

Monster1000
    ?

Hi all,

I have got a Signal Lamp M 227 and would like to sell it. Hope you can help me and know where to offer best? At ebays? Or maybe there is a better market place for it here on this page?
    Thank you for information,
    regards,
    Monster1000

johnk568
    ?

Howdy Monster,

How much do you want for it? I got into a bidding war with a fellow from E-Bay and purchased this one for way too much money. But I had to have it. The fellow, who was killed the day I was borned(june 1944) was a Pathfinder 506th PIR, 101st Airborne. My email adrress is jkrzos@outdrs.net. Send me a price & pictures and we'll make adeal.

Cricketchris- Dcells work and I put coppertops in it.

Johnk568

Hi John,

No, I have the handle as well. I just didn't mount it for the pictures. And yes I used regular D size batteries.

Cheers
    Gary
    Quote by johnk568 View Post
    Howdy Gary,

johnk568

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast