Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

US buckle boots

Article about: Hello, just bought these boots. I'm hoping they are WW2 issue US army boots, can anyone give me a clear ID on them? Many thanks, Douglas

Default US buckle boots

Hello, just bought these boots. I'm hoping they are WW2 issue US army boots, can anyone give me a clear ID on them? Many thanks, Douglas
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US buckle boots   US buckle boots  

US buckle boots   US buckle boots  

US buckle boots  

Douglas,,

These look to be very fine WW2 issue boots.. Good to see some of the waffle pattern on the sole of the boot and also there are no cracks across the sole which is common to see.. Can't really tell if the laces are original or not to the boots. They look to have a sheen to them like they were nylon but it could be the light reflection.. Check in the leather gaiters and you may see a faint manufacturers stamp as to who made these..

Also the "rough out" texture of the boots looks evenly worn and weathered which is to be expected on boots worn in the elements that have gotten rained on and properly broken in...

Smitty

Hi Smitty, I am very grateful for your help.

They look good to me, i used to own a pair!..

Likewise, they look fine.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Yep, they are the real deal.

My pair for a comparison.

Thank you all, very helpful.

Yes, nice pair of boots!
    Some additional info:
    Yours were most likely made after July '44. Because that's when they omitted the rivets where the quarters attach.
    Follow the panel down from where the bottom of the shoe-laces are...
    Where the panels come to a point is where those rivets are (on my photo you might have to zoom in).
    Mine were made in July '44 and probably one of the last with rivets...
    Also, sometimes there will be an inspector's ink-stamp on the inside of the tongue.
    In my case "Richardson USA".
    Because ink stamps fade away, there's a deeper size stamp along the top with a box and 2-letter manufacturer's code.
    The canvas inside of the cuffs on M-1943 Combat Service Boots will always be white or green..
    Zoom in on my soles and you can see the little details of the waffle pattern.
    My boots were only worn a couple of times, so all of the details are still there.....
    Enjoy your boots!

US buckle bootsUS buckle bootsUS buckle boots

Reneblacky,
    Mine are from the same manufacturer "International Shoe Company".
    I can't read the date in your photo. I'm curious when yours were made.
    There might be a readable identical ink stamp below the cuff in the boot section.
    Mine were made 13 (or 15) July 1944 and almost mint.
    Yours are the other side of the spectrum; they've been around, and even re-soled!
    If only they could talk!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast