Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

US M1 Garand field strip blanket ?

Article about: I bought this today because I like it . I was told it was used for helping new GI's learn the Garand. The guy said it was from WWII but I think it could be either WWII or Korean War. The med

?

Default US M1 Garand field strip blanket ?

I bought this today because I like it . I was told it was used for helping new GI's learn the Garand. The guy said it was from WWII but I think it could be either WWII or Korean War. The medal was nice also.Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US M1 Garand field strip blanket ?   US M1 Garand field strip blanket ?  

US M1 Garand field strip blanket ?   US M1 Garand field strip blanket ?  

US M1 Garand field strip blanket ?  

Default Re: US M1 Garand field strip blanket ?

Nice! I like it. Never seen one of these rugs before !

Regards, Steve.

?

Steve thanks . This is the first one I have seen also. now I just have to get a M1 and I will be all set. Gary

Hi Gary, that is a neat little training cloth. I remember 20 years ago, an old gunsmith for the PD had one of those hanging on the wall of the range. I know the CMP was selling repros of it several years ago. Yours definitely isn't a repro. What the heck is that medal? Is it for an military track meet?

Take care,
    Jay

Never seen one before either and I really like that. Sadly I sold my M1 Garand in 1989.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Hi Jay the medal is a 2nd prize award for something I believe track. the training cloth has that nice musty canvas smell. Here are some better shots of the medal. I like it because it has some local history.
    Hi Ade I'm glad you like it. Did you sell the M1 when you sold all your other US items. Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US M1 Garand field strip blanket ?   US M1 Garand field strip blanket ?  

Hi Gary, yes the M1 went with all my other US items. It was numbered around 1,185000. Made by Springfield.

Cheers, Ade.

?

It must have been a tough thing to do.

Neat medal Gary, and like you said, it has local history to it. I tried to google 1909, 2nd Regiment, Troy, NY, and didn't come up with much. Appears it was a New York National Guard Battalion. Wow Ade, that was a July / 1943 Garand! That's alot nicer than the 1945 Jungle Carbine I'm still holding onto.

Take care,
    Jay

RH1941, An M1 would certainly fit perfectly over that rug, it WOULD make a perfect set. I think you should get one.

Mike

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast