Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

US M1936 suspenders problem

Article about: hey guys i recently just recieved my suspenders in the mail but the problem is that i cant get some of the hooks in the holes of my cartridge belt i had my mom and dad both try it and they h

?

Default US M1936 suspenders problem

hey guys i recently just recieved my suspenders in the mail but the problem is that i cant get some of the hooks in the holes of my cartridge belt i had my mom and dad both try it and they had no succes any ideas on what i can do??
    Thanks
    Ryan

?

Default Re: 1936 suspenders problem

The brass rings on your cartridge belt wear the hooks for your suspenders and other equipment that attaches to your belt are pressed in almost like a hollow rivet and sometimes they do get a little warped or flattened a little to much two things you may try are reaming the holes out a little larger with a dremmel or very small files that you can purchase in a kit for under ten dollars at most tool and or automotive supply stores just be very carefull as not to take down the inside of the hollow rivets to much just enough to fit the hooks through hope this helps.

Regards Mark K

?

Default Re: 1936 suspenders problem

Thanks Mark Actully my problem was that i was putting the snap facing inwards insted of outwards thats why i didnt work lol.
    Thanks For your help
    Ryan